It would be so lovely to "know" where our adoption pathway is headed. We still hope that this week there will be resolution in the Ghana program - this is our desire, and currently the only option we are both sure we want to pursue.
Having experienced uncertainty in the adoption process for a year now, this is all so familiar we hardly even know how to feel. The unknown is what we know, and perhaps because of that we have maintained a little emotional distance from the process, watching and waiting. It doesn't always feel real for us, although I am acutely aware of the significance of all this for the other couples involved, and catch glimpses of its meaning for us as well. We have been ok with the arms length uncertainty to an extent, however we would both welcome some stability at this point. We have been so convinced of this pathway for us that we have remained optimistic, and confident that Ghana will work out. We still believe it can.
If it doesn't...well, I'm wanting to fight my natural inclination to assume things WON'T move forward, so I am using this as an opportunity to focus on restoration of the program - persistence and faith.
We will manage a change in plans IF it comes to us, but won't count on that yet at all - I don't want to entertain that possibility until we know with certainty what unfolds. We trust that all options are being explored, and that those involved are interested in working collaboratively and for the greater good (and if not, that they will reach that point before it is too late). And it is not yet too late...