Featuring Joy & Geoff, Big Brother , Little Brother , Sis , and various household (and outdoor) critters...

Monday 18 January 2010

I Was Failing Blog Social Skills 101

Ok, so, it's true. I am a blurker. And I have only recently been realizing that's not the coolest thing to be in blog-world. Because I am not a creepy or sneaky type (I don't think so anyway), I figured I was just harmlessly reading peoples' blogs, enjoying a smile here, a bit of wisdom there, maybe some common understanding, etc. Oh sure, I've posted a comment the odd time, but not on most of my regular round of blogs by far. I'm generally the type who figures that if others have already posted my thoughts on a matter, or if I have nothing brilliant to say (which is often the case - that is, not feeling brilliant), then there's no point in typing just to see myself in type...but maybe I have been missing part of the point, and am happy to try being a bit more generous in my commenting. So here goes - I am about to begin de-lurking!

6 comments:

deborah said...

I am feeling convicted.

Here is me de-lurking - I do a bit too much of that.

Brendan and Mary said...

Well now I have to comment ;) I usually leave comments on the blog that I visit, but I know most don't comment on mine either. Not that I have a ton of readers, but I do have a counter that tells me when people check in. Nice of you to come out!

Mary

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

Once you start, you can't stop. ;)

Laurel said...

Thanks for de-lurking, and commenting on my blog. I don't mind having lurkers ... but I love "meeting" the people that receive encouragement from my blog. The bloggy world can be a place to build true friendships, and get the support that can so often be missing in our busy little worlds.

Last Sept./October, I took 7 of my kids on a cross country road trip and we actually visited bloggy friends in Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, and Oregon. It was wonderful!

mama of many

Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

Sarah is right, once you start commenting, you become committed...and you thought you spent a lot of time on the computer before...

L

Barbara said...

I love meeting my lurkers. It's always nice getting feedback.