Featuring Joy & Geoff, Big Brother , Little Brother , Sis , and various household (and outdoor) critters...

Thursday 27 November 2008

Ah, Life. Gotta love it...kinda...

I guess the Durango was feeling a little neglected, and decided to compete for our attention and financial resources by killing off its transmission this week. Yep. Which completely destroys my "the truck's a much wiser choice for now than a minivan (even though the van is WAY more accessible for kids) because it is more durable and the higher gas costs are offset by having fewer repairs" theory.

And so continues my 2008 lesson in never having an opinion or prediction or expectation or theory about how anything "works" in this world or what is "meant to be" (such as, "Gatsby can't possibly be deathly ill, because Phineas JUST died & it would be too coincidental for both dogs to die in less than two months", or "this adoption process will be exactly what we pictured, even if it goes slower than expected", or "of course my thesis will be done without another extension so that we can move on with life, adoption, etc." [ok, that one I did doubt...often], and then of course the vehicle theories...). But I think I get the point. And really, I'm pretty good at keeping busy and productive without all these extras! The good news is, this stuff might have been super-stressful a few years back, but I think I'm much better at taking things in stride now, and so (at the moment), I really am just smiling and shaking my head...and then on we go...

No comments: