Featuring Joy & Geoff, Big Brother , Little Brother , Sis , and various household (and outdoor) critters...

Friday 4 December 2009

Irresponsible

Adoption confusion, drawn-out mortgage renewals, pre-Christmas renovations, pageants, and life in general have taken their toll in a tangible way at last. Last night we forgot to attend a restaurant dinner with other adopting families. It had not crossed my mind since I sent our RSVP weeks ago, but I woke up this morning with a vague recollection that this was coming sometime soon, so obviously some corner of my mind retained the information...unfortunately it is either a dusty, unused, or overcrowded corner. Having attempted to host just a few little gatherings over the years, I am always quite bothered when folks who have stated they are coming, simply don't show up. Really bothered. And now I am that person. Will stop kicking myself eventually, but a blog confession seems necessary in order to achieve some kind of closure. Ok, that's a bit dramatic, but hopefully I can write about it and move on!

No comments: